What are Newborn Care Specialists?
- Assistance and education for parents after the baby is born and settling in at home
- Sleep training
- Changing diapers and bathing
- Help with breast feeding and/or formula and bottle feeding
- Creating a stimulating environment for a baby when awake
- Documenting sleep, eating, and changing patterns for the baby
- Helping the baby transition to a routine/schedule
- Newborn Care Specialists often work at the home during the night shift and take care of the baby while the parents sleep and assist with feeding as necessary.
- If the baby is breast fed, the specialist will bring the baby to the mother for feeding then get the baby back to bed.
- During the day, the specialist provides similar care. (They are not usually responsible for other household duties and are not usually in charge of watching other children in the household)
- This position is a temporary one, with the average specialist working at least 2 weeks and sometimes up to four months.
If you are expecting and would like to learn more about NBCS
or Baby Nurses call us today (818) 980-6269!